Gilding Lilies Greeting Cards

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Tilt Shift

I'm like a kid with a new toy. In mid November, I will be going to Las Vegas, for a long overdue family reunion. I am super excited about this. I'm going to see family members that I haven't seen in so long. It will be great. Lately, I have been a bit obsessed with tilt shift photograph, and I thought this would be the perfect way to capture Las Vegas. Tilt shift photograph makes things look like you are looking at a miniature diorama, rather than a photograph of something real. It's a fun effect, and the perfect thing to exaggerate the unreal quality that Las Vegas exemplifies. The problem was that I didn't know how tilt shift photography was done. Happily, now I know how to do it. Hooray! To get a little practice, and to figure out what kind of shots work best, I've been playing.  I had a couple photos, one from Chicago, and another from Vancouver, that I was experimenting with.  Be warned, I have the urge to tilt shift everything I see.



Fun, right? Perfect for Las Vegas, right? For all theses reasons, and more, I can't wait for this trip!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

AWESOME! This is going to make you Vegas photos amazing!

Gilding Lilies said...

I can't wait, it should be really, really fun!