Gilding Lilies Greeting Cards

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My Autumn List



There are so many things that get me all twitterpated at this time of year. Here is my list of little Autumn pleasures that I look forward to enjoying.
  • Crunching through fall leaves
  • Similarly, I love to drive through the leaves and watch them billow up behind me as I zoom down the road
  • Eating vegan caramel  apples covered in nuts
  • More eating - vegan pecan pie
  • Taking photos of rain drops
  • enjoying the smell of scented candles burning in my house
  • getting together with family
  • OK, this one is silly but I look forward to sleeping with my pretty, sweater wearing, hot water bottle (man, do I sound like an old woman!). It's so snuggly. Don't knock it till you try it.
  • Baking acorn squash 
  • Decorating a pumpkin - I have an idea for a non traditional carving idea. If it works out I will share.
  •  Maybe I'll knit something quick, pretty, and simple (my knitting skills are limited, but the yarns are so pretty) 
  • listening to the geese honking loudly as they fly over my house
Ahhh, that sounds good. What would you have on your list?

6 comments:

Laloofah said...

LOL - "twitterpated" - haven't heard that word used in a while! :-)

What a great picture, and what a great list! Autumn is my favorite season, so here's a short list of some of my favorite things (that aren't on your list!)

~ The colors - the grasses and leaves, of course, but also the colors of Fall decorations, from the pumpkins to the Indian corn to the bittersweet to the apples, I just love the earthy colors of this season.

~ Getting out all my favorite vegan Fall and Winter recipes again, and doing more cooking and baking!

~ Cranberries, how I love thee. Especially in pumpkin bread! :-)

~ Halloween (my favorite holiday!)

~ The combination of the crisp cool air and the warm sun on clear days, and the utter snuggly coziness of cloudy/rainy/snowy days (we're getting our first snow of the season this morning!)

~ Putting the organic flannel sheets and cozy thermal blanket back on the bed.

Looking forward to seeing your pumpkin carving exploits! And your mention of scented candles reminds me I need to place an order soon with Phebes! Their candles are scrumptious! :-)

Jamie said...

I love pulling out lovely sweaters, warm fluffy socks, my favorite teas and the beauty of my mountain decorated in its fall colors

aurorafedora said...

oh, yes, all those things get me twitterpated also, except maybe the sweater-wearing hot water bottle thingy! i also love the campfires, toasted marshmallows and smells of other fires in the 'hood! and also all the autumn harvest vignettes around town- this is fall to me!
love your art. have a greeeeeaat day!
joanne

Gilding Lilies said...

These are great lists! I want to do these things too! Good job gals.
OK, for those of you not twitterpated about my sweater wearing hot water bottle "thingy", I told you, don't knock it till you try it. Have I ever steered you wrong?
I'm off to buy a Phebes candle. Hmmm, which scent?
Thanks for making me smile this morning.

Unknown said...

selecting and pressing beautiful leaves for art projects
frost on the ground and roofs in the morning,
the first snapping bite of a tangy just ripe apple,
piles of rotund pumpkins at stores and pumpkin patches everywhere,
bright sun in my eyes and a cold nose at the same time,
and everything everyone else has said as well!!! (haven't tried the hot water sweater but it sounds lovely!)

Gilding Lilies said...

Oh Nalls, those things sound wonderful too.