Gilding Lilies Greeting Cards

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Peppermint Patty




Peppermint Patty

2 Tbsp plus 2 tsp corn syrup (aka half of your 1/3 measuring cup)
1/8 cup  Earth Balance Margarine
1 3/4 cups powdered sugar (break up the lumps if there are any)
3/4 teaspoons of peppermint oil/extract
1/2 a bag of vegan chocolate chips (I use Tropical Source)

Directions:
Whip together the syrup, margarine, and peppermint. Slowly add the sugar, alittle at a time, while mixing. You will end up with a crumbly, dry mixture.
Pick up small handfuls of the mixture and start to press into patty shapes. Place them on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper. Pop them into the frig, to chill,  while you get the chocolate ready.
Melt the chips until stir-able and a little shiny looking. Turn the heat way down so it doesn't burn. Quickly dunk the patties in the chocolate. Place on a non stick surface. When all the patties are done, I put them back in the frig again to firm up a bit, and temper the chocolate.
A perfect little treat for the holidays.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! This is something I've never seen anyone make at home before. Do they ever look delicious!

Sarah said...

awesome! My husband loves peppermint patties -- I can't wait to try these!

Anonymous said...

Nom Nom Nom!!!!

Islaborg said...

What a great idea, bookmarked! :)

Lovlie said...

Hmmm looks really nice! I'm always trying to find vegan mint chocolate in the stores. I will try this one! Thanks for the recipe on Millie's blog!

Gilding Lilies said...

They are great! I know you are going to love them!

Jamie said...

One of my favorites - and it sounds easy enough even I could make them.

Gilding Lilies said...

They are easy, give it a try Jamie.