I thought I'd talk a little about veggie restaurants. I've had the pleasure to travel quite a bit, and have been to many vegetarian dining establishments. Before I leave on a trip I always visit Happy Cow - A Compassionate Eating Guide, it's a great resource, and it always helps me to figure out where to go in an unfamiliar city. Some places are so rich with choices that I find I barely use the research that I've done on Happy Cow. While other cities make it tough, and I'm very thankful to have my little veg friendly list. For example, Portland Oregon, soooo easy, but in Las Vegas a vegan could starve to death. All those buffets and not a bite to eat, so sad!
Anyway, I thought I would offer up a list of some of my favorite veg friendly establishments across the country. As the post title suggests, it will be far from a complete list, and I welcome all my readers to add their favorites in the comments (especially in Las Vegas, since I'll be there soon, searching for a vegetable that hasn't been smothered in butter or cheese). In no particular order, and with many close to my home, here we go.
- Vegetarian House in Portland Oregon (funky atmosphere, good food)
- Sweetpea Baking Company in Portland Oregon (while there visit Herbivore, next door)
- Wildginger in Seattle Washington (not a vegetarian restaurant, but very vegan friendly)
- Mighty-O Donuts in Seattle Washington (vegan donuts, need I say more?)
- Pizza Lounge in Dallas Texas (serves meat too, but lots of vegan options, yummy)
- Millennium Restaurant In San Fransisco California (talk about spoiled!)
- Cha Ya in Berkeley California (light, healthy and delicious - great shopping all around)
- Cafe Gratitude (several locations in California)
- Babycakes (several locations, I went to the one in New York)
- Go Raw Cafe on the out skirts of Las Vegas Nevada (lots of raw products you can purchase and try)
- The Chicago Diner Chicago Illinois (my absolute favorite place to eat - ever!)
- Living Light Cafe Fort Bragg California (mostly raw, good food, and I'm their resident artist, who could beat that?!)
- Ravens' Restaurant Mendocino California (at the Stanford Inn)
- The Food Co-op Port Townsend Washington (a really good health food store with lots of prepared foods)
- Queenie's Roadhouse Cafe in Elk California (not a vegetarian restaurant, but she always has a vegan dish that is delicious. It's one of my favorite places to go.)
- Emeril's in New Orleans (not vegetarian, but totally accommodating to a vegan, and oh so delicious)
- Lotus Vegan in North Hollywood California (beautiful food presentation)
- Sunpower Natural Cafe in Studio City California (lots of raw food)
OK, it's your turn, what yummies have you discovered?