Gilding Lilies Greeting Cards

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Layering

I felt like playing a bit today. I recently took some pictures of my paintings close up and I wanted to experiment with layering these abstract views of painterly brushstrokes, polka dots, interesting  textures, etc.  with photos of pretty little bits of nature. This is my first try and I really like the result. Here is the blackberry photo, that I started with. Rather uninspired, don't you think?

I'm going to play around with this concept some more, and see what I come up with. I think this one would look great enlarged and hanging in my kitchen. For me, anytime I can combine a country/vintage/modern art vibe I'm all in. It's kind of an odd aesthetic, with some pretty disparate elements, but it totally works for me. What do you think?

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Amazing result!

Gilding Lilies said...

Thank you Jamie.

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Love to see the 'before' and 'after' photos. I really like how you made it look rich, deep and full of color.