Gilding Lilies Greeting Cards

Monday, August 16, 2010

Chick'n & the Big Chicken

Looks good, right? Well, it is. Super easy, I often have it for lunch. OK, that covers the Chick'n part of the story. Now, for the Big Chicken part. I agreed to participate in a challenge, the deal was to ask a strange if you could take their picture, and then post the portrait on the blog today. Well, you might notice that there isn't a portrait in today's post. I wandered around this weekend, camera in hand, and failed to have the courage to ask a single stranger if I could take their picture. I was going to cheat and put up a picture of a friend (one that doesn't have Internet access, of course) but I decided to fess up. I couldn't do it! I really wanted to, but I'm a Big Chicken! I learned a lot about myself (and my neuroses), and I gained a huge appreciation for the people that can do it, and I now know an area of personal growth to work on. No wonder I hate going to holiday parties! I'm going to work on this, and if I make any progress I will let you know. In the meantime, sorry to anybody that stopped by here to see a fantastic portrait, try the salad instead.  

3 comments:

LindaMillion said...

I understand completely!

Gilding Lilies said...

Glad to hear I'm not the only one, thanks!

sandy said...

Well I get it too, although I'm kind of rude that way, I could do it..ha.