Gilding Lilies Greeting Cards

Sunday, August 29, 2010

All In A Row



Maybe it's the impending change in season, or maybe it's the number of changes in my life lately, but I am feeling a strong desire to get all my ducks (apples, people, cards, etc) in a row. I know I'm not alone in this, Shutter Sisters mentioned it too. My organizing, and nesting, urges are really kicking in. I want everything to be nice and orderly, and ready for cozying-up in autumn. I can't wait to drive through brightly colored, crunchy leaves. Am I rushing? I can't help it, fall is my favorite time of year.

7 comments:

helena said...

beautiful photos - I always associate the desire for order and lists at this time of year with 'back to school'

Gilding Lilies said...

I used to love to organize stuff for back to school. I'm sounding like a neat freak, which I certainly am not, I am an artist after all. However, a bit of order does make everything feel a little better.

Laloofah said...

Hey, the apples go nicely with the "Back to School" theme, too! :-) And I love the photos, so pretty, rich and autumnal!

I always associate this drive to clean and organize with the change of seasons, because I experience it in the spring as well. But it's stronger in autumn - maybe it's a remnant of a primordial drive that told us to "store up, hole up, migrate or die!" Or maybe it's just facing a long winter of being mostly indoors. But it's making me nuts right now, because our house is a jumbled mess as we prepare for the installation of new upstairs carpet later this week! I want clean and orderly, my house is a chaotic mess! AUGH!! LOL

Lisa Gordon said...

Love these shots, and the post with them. All the "apple outlets" are popping up around here too, and even though I don't want to, it is time to start reorganizing to prepare for winter.

Gilding Lilies said...

Poor Laloofah, well, at least you get new carpet.
Thanks Lisa.

Jamie said...

I feel the same, I've started making list of projects to work on in 6 weeks when I'm finally home.

Justine said...

this is such a beautiful set of shots, I agree it really is the time to make lists and get everything in order. Thanks so much for your comment on my photo, looking forward to seeing your timeworn, I bet it will be fantastic