Gilding Lilies Greeting Cards

Monday, April 11, 2011

Meatless Monday - No, Really



So, I do this little Meatless Monday post most Monday's. And maybe once in a while you give one of the recipes a try, or maybe you just look at the pictures and think - Hmmm, that looks good. All this is fine, and good, and I'm more than happy to be the one that gets your mouth watering, but there is more to it than that. The Meatless Monday movement is really gaining momentum because it is so beneficial to your body, and the planet. And I would be thrilled if I could get you to think about adopting it. After all, it's just one day a week.  So, on this Monday, I ask you to really think about it for a moment. Click the link, check it out, try it for a day, it really is an easy, yummy, and wonderful thing to do. Really. 

To all my vegan and vegetarian followers - Yippee!

Thanks everybody.

7 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm not as regimented as always going meat free on Mondays - but I eat meat sparingly and in fact probably only eat meat 1 or 2 days a week and eating this way has been so good for me.

Gilding Lilies said...

That's great Jamie!

Millie said...

the funny thing is that my daughter in law and I are the only vegans in the family and when I stay over their house...we are the only ones that have plates full of veggies, beans & tofu...its a laughing riot.

Anonymous said...

No problems here for me... every day in my life is meatless, I'm a vegan! LOL :) I'm glad you're doing it one day a week, even just one day is GREAT. Keep it up! :)

Gilding Lilies said...

I guess I shouldn't assume that everybody knows that I am vegan - I am, 7 day a a week. And, vegetarian since I was twelve (I'm 49 now). Thanks for the encouragement though.

Jordan said...

Yayy!! I'm vegan!! And I've never felt better ;D I can't stand to see people eat meat anymore. It makes me want to cry whenever I see somebody eating chicken. And barely appreciating that it was a REAL LIVE animal. We actually just bought 27 chicks last week! For pets! :D Yayy! Haha <3
*Hugs!*
Jordan

Anonymous said...

Yay, another vegan! That's awesome, good for you!!! :)