Gilding Lilies Greeting Cards

Monday, January 31, 2011

Meatless Monday - Fennel


Roasted Fennel With Zucchini

1 fennel bulb, with greens and base removed (sliced)

1 zucchini (cut in half, then  cut in quaters)
1/4 cup  powdered vegan Parmesan cheese
3 tablespoon pine nuts
Thyme, to taste
Olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly coat the bottom of a 8" baking dish with olive oil. Layer zucchini sticks and fennel slices in a baking pan. Drizzle with  some additional olive oil. Sprinkle on  thyme, salt,  pepper, vegan  Parmesan  cheese and pine nuts. Cover with foil. Bake for 30-45 minutes. I like to let it cook until the small pieces crisp-up and nearly burn, and the large pieces are tender. Serve immediately. Makes two generous servings. This stuff is so good!

6 comments:

Millie said...

sounds so yummy...nice job.

Gilding Lilies said...

Thanks, it really is super yummy.

Jamie said...

I really should give this a try - I've always wanted to try cooking with fennel as a main ingredient but never have

Gilding Lilies said...

Yeah, it's funny, I had never prepared fennel, until about two monthes ago, when I decided to broaden my horizons. Now I'm hooked!

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

I love fennel in salads instead of celery...

Gilding Lilies said...

Thats what I want to do next, use it in a salad.