Gilding Lilies Greeting Cards

Monday, July 5, 2010

Meatless Monday - Corn On The Cob (With A Twist)


Anyway you cook it, it's a summertime classic. As a young one, I used to love to eat it smothered in butter with salt. These days, I've discovered a much more vegan friendly way to enjoy my corn on the cob. It's fat-free, and I think it's just as yummy. After the corn has cooked, slather it with a tiny (a little goes a long way) amount of  Umeboshi Paste. It's a salty plum paste. I know, you're thinking "plum on corn? That's not gonna work for me, I want my butter and salt!"  Trust me, this stuff is really good. Try it, and let me know what you think.
P.S. look for umeboshi in health food stores, the import area of your grocery store, or on-line (Amazon has it). 

1 comment:

My Owl Barn said...

You have such beautiful stationery especially your nest card. Have a great day!