Gilding Lilies Greeting Cards

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Settling In

Wow, this is really taking a while. Thanks for your concern, all is well. The moving went pretty smoothly, thanks to some great helpers. There are still boxes everywhere, and I can't find anything, but I'm surrounded by beauty so who cares. This is the most peaceful and serene place I have ever lived. Sleeping here is amazing, I completely knock-out. The pets think it's wonderful. My daughter is thrilled to have her very own first place! It is so cute to watch her decorating and nesting.
Sadly, I became violently ill right after I moved in. It was a bad one. Fortunately, it didn't last long, but boy, did I feel awful! I was sick for a day, but wiped out for several more. That is why you haven't heard from me in a little bit. I thought about all of you, and I wanted to share some stories, but I just couldn't make myself leave the couch.
I need to go get ready now. I'm having my picture taken for the newspaper. I'll share that story really soon, I promise. It's a good one, don't worry.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Sounds like you have lots going - glad it is going well. Can't wait to hear more.

Gilding Lilies said...

Thanks for checking up on me Jamie, that was so sweet!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to move went well; that's a bummer that you got sick right in the midst of all that, though. I'm glad you're feeling better now!

And I can't wait to hear the story about the newspaper. :)

Rose said...

Your new place sounds wonderful! Glad you're feeling better! I'm looking forward to more updates on the new place and your news story.

Melinda said...

I noticed your absence, but figured it was just because you were busy settling in. Glad you're feeling better and SUPER glad you love the house! I can't wait to see more pictures and hear all about your adventure! :)