Gilding Lilies Greeting Cards

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thankful Thursday - A Short Walk In A Light Rain



I love to go for a short walk in a light rain. I'm grateful for the wonderful smells, the distorted reflections in the puddles, the rain drops clinging to the branches, and the delicate sounds.  To raise my face to the sky, and allow a few drops to splash on my checks. Now, I would never presume to speak for this fella above, but from the look of bliss on his/her  face I can tell that he/she enjoys it too. What a treat to go for a walk down in the harbor and see such a magnificent creature! For this, I am very thankful. 

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I share you love - one of the reasons I miss living in Seattle.

Gilding Lilies said...

I really think I would like living in that area, rain makes me happy.

Rose said...

Nice to hear some fellow rain lovers. I grew up in Seattle and I've always loved the rain...especially spring rains. I love sunshine too, but rain is lovely; don't know why it gets such a bad rap.

You expressed your sentiments very beautifully.