Gilding Lilies Greeting Cards

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Walls Notebook



This week I'm thankful that I bought myself a super wonderful gift. You may, or may not, know this about me, I am crazy about old bricks, rust, graffiti, all things grungy, aged, and urban. One of my favorite series of paintings that I ever worked on was a group that incorporated images of aged bricks (the photos above show some of those paintings) that I photographed while I was on a trip to Chicago.
Another one of my favorite things to do is art journaling. So, when I saw the Walls Notebook that was it! I was hooked, and it couldn't get it my mailbox fast enough! And here it is, isn't it great? A journal filled with page after page of gorgeous urban grunge waiting for paint, pens, and collage.What a cool way to tap into your inner graffiti artist!




I'll be sure to share how it evolves as I work with it. I can't wait to play! Thankful, thankful.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Can't WAIT to see what you do with it.