Gilding Lilies Greeting Cards

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

In A Scrape

Awhile back I asked if anyone was interested in some texture lovin', and many of you answered "yes", so here it is.
This month, the challenge over on Michelle Wards' Street Team was to create a scraped paint background. Here is that scraped page straight from my journal.



 Next, I decide to play with it in Photoshop. I wanted to layer it on top of a photo of an orchid. Here is the before picture of the orchid.

The two images were then layered on top of each other, and I fiddled around with the blending mode and the opacity a little bit. Here is the after...


I'm not sure that one is better than the other, but the "after" definitely seems a bit more romantic.
So, there you have it. If you have any questions, just ask. Please feel free to click the link above to download the scraped background so you can play too. I would love to see what you come up with, if you'd like to share.

10 comments:

Jester said...

This looks wonderful, Jennifer, and just one colour!

Gilding Lilies said...

Thank you so much Jackie. It was actually four very similar colors -gesso, ivory, burnt umber, and yellow ochre. The burnt umber and the yellow ochre were used very sparingly.
Thanks for the nice comment.

Jamie said...

Thanks so much for the lovely texture - can't wait to give it a try!

michelle ward said...

Jennifer - what a great piece! Love reading that it has several colors in it. You can tell there is depth to the texture. Almost looks like it is still wet. Really handsome. Thanks for sharing!!

Elena and Russ said...

Thanks for the texture, Jenifer!
It looks great!

Elena

Gilding Lilies said...

Thanks Girls, I'm glad you like it. I hope you have fun playing with it. I hope to give more textures for you to play with in the near future.

Kala said...

Beautiful texture work.

Jessica said...

Love it! It's so cool how you combined the page with a photo. Great idea!

Anonymous said...

Nice! I think combining the two really adds something to the final image.

Gilding Lilies said...

Thanks ladies, it was fun to play with. I hope to do some more soon.